The Literacy How Professional Series:
Closing The Opportunity Gap in America
Literacy is the language of opportunity,
but many children struggle with learning how to read. When these challenges are not addressed, children are left behind.
The research-based Literacy How approach to teaching reading is proving that we can do much better… so that no child is left behind and every child can succeed.
In this free webinar, you’ll learn about:
- the researched, proven Literacy How framework that addresses and integrates the core elements of literacy – phonemic awareness, phonics, syntax, vocabulary, and comprehension
- how school administrators and teachers are successfully bringing this approach to schools throughout their districts
- how school administrators are bringing this approach to schools throughout their districts
- how these strategies are effective for helping emerging and struggling readers whatever their age
- how this framework, these practices, and activities work within the context of your existing literacy and core reading programs.
Who Should Watch This Webinar:
SCHOOL AND DISTRICT ADMINISTRATORS committed to supporting teachers in understanding and applying evidence-based solutions for raising reading achievement in their school or district.
TEACHERS seeking to understand the science behind how children learn to read and how to put that knowledge into practice so that they can better meet the literacy needs of each of their students.
PARENTS wanting to learn what effective evidence-based literacy instruction looks like.
In July 2009, Margie Gillis founded Literacy How to bring a decade of knowledge-to-practice research from Haskins Laboratories to the classroom. Since Literacy How’s founding, our Mentors have advanced teaching and learning by helping thousands of educators in hundreds of schools and districts to use evidence-based practices to succeed. By applying and conducting research in schools and classrooms, we continuously develop our expertise, so we can help you develop yours.
To view additional webinar videos from this series, please visit our Video Library.
Are you interested in learning more about our professional development, coaching, or comprehensive reading evaluation services? We’re happy to help!
Please complete and submit the form.
phone: 203-239-7323 (READ)
address: 101 Merritt Blvd, Suite 210, Trumbull, CT 06611
"*" indicates required fields